Friday, November 04, 2005

No More Spam, Please

I'm pretty new to this whole 'blog' thing, so I didn't realize there was such a thing as "political comment spam" on blogs. I mean, I've received commercial spam of course--but I didn't think anyone would actually bother to cut-and-paste around the web, trying to pass it off as a response to opinion on a blog.

Rules of thumb: if it contains no original commentary by the sender on material specific to this blog--if it's really just a cut-and-paste job or a press release--if it doesn't even involve much typing on your part--I'm not interested in receiving it as a comment, and I'll remove it if you post it.

Otherwise, comment away; I'll publish it. You can even quote materials from the spam press release you were going to send me, but if there's more spam that comment, I'll cut it. (Newspapers do the same thing with letters to the editor, by the way.) The rationale: if you're not even going to bother to think up an original comment on what's printed here, there's no duty on my part to permit you to wallpaper the site with cut-and-paste jobs.

So these will be removed as I detect them. Use quotes--don't AB-use them. (I am going to copyright and trademark that one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home