Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Publisher of Stillwater Tribune Returns To Stillwater

Yes, it's true, I am back. I see that people continued to visit this page during my absence, seeking enlightenment.

The long flight has tired me and I'm not my usual sunny self. There is a lot in the news this week that is worthy of comment, but it will have to wait until my brain is firing on all three cylinders again.

Until then, here are some clean jokes to tide you over.

How many ears did Davy Crockett have?

Three. A left ear, a right ear, and a "wild frontier."


Now that one is kind of dated, I know. That song ("Davy Crockett--King of the Wild Frontier") goes back to the 1950s, before Elvis, even. The kids today aren't going to "get it", because this generation doesn't know that once popular T.V. theme song. But it's a good joke; a funny joke: it's worth saving. So I worked on that joke while I was on the plane (couldn't sleep) and I came up with the following update:

Everyone knows that Mr. Spock had pointed ears. But how many ears did Captain Kirk have?
Three. A left ear, a right ear, and a "final frontier."


Pretty good. But it now occurs to me that the original Star Trek, with its "Space...the final frontier..." introduction, is more than forty years old.

Is there any show currently on the air that all the kids would know, that mentions a "frontier" in its title or theme song? I'd like to get this thing settled before I return to regular work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home