Saturday, February 24, 2007

No Comment On The Latest "Affaire de la Bachmann"

I 'spose y'all are waitin' for me to say somethin' real witty about the latest Bachmann disaster.

She told a reporter that there was a plan in place by the Iranian government and some other unamed power to carve up Iraq and created a new terrorist safe-haven nation. Then, just weeks later, all hell broke loose when her claim was called to the attention of the world by the Star Tribune. The story broke on the blogs, it got picked up by the Drudge Report, and the Associated Press, and my God, Fox News and apparently Rush Limbaugh (who thought her statement was so stupid that he misidentified her as a "Democrat.")

The result was that Bachmann issued a retraction and is now hiding under her desk, refusing to take phone calls until the heat is off.

Well, as a matter of fact, I am not going to say anything witty about the situation. The nation is finally talking about what a nut Bachmann is, and that means that my work, for today, is done. I can finally take the night off from Bachmann--for the first time in six years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home