Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bill Prendergast: Just Another Angry Radical Militant Lesbian Who Hates America, the Western Tradition, and Capitalism?

Well! This IS a surprise.

It turns out, according to conservative talk radio host Jason Lewis, that I am “angry lesbian and radical pacifist.”

Yes, you read that right. My mother will be very upset.

As some of you may know, I am a regular contributor to another blog called “Dump Michele Bachmann.” That blog is devoted to getting out the most alarming facts about our new Minnesota Congressional representative, Michele Bachmann. She is in the national news this week because she told a local reporter that there was an existing agreement with Iran to partition Iraq and turn the northern and western part of that nation into a “terrorist safe-haven” called the “United Iraq State of Islam” or something like that.

A reporter for the Minneapolis Star Tribune learned about her claim and asked her about it; she immediately backed down from the claim, but not before the story broke as national news. The Star Tribune and various other professional news media are now chasing her around trying to find out where she got the notion; so far she continues to hide from them. She has either leaked a story of international importance, or announced a crackpot theory to the press as if it were fact. We shall see.

The Dump Bachmann blog is involved because one of our contributors gave the Star Tribune the “tip” about Bachmann announcing the “Iranian partition plan.” This led to an angry denunciation of Dump Bachmann by revered conservative spokesman Jason Lewis during his regular broadcast on radio station KTLK.

Lewis has thousands of loyal listeners and is one of the local “Rush Limbaugh knockoffs” in the Twin Cities radio market. In a segment of his radio show he described Dump Bachmann to his listeners as “a website run by a bunch of angry lesbians and radical pacifists.” He said we “hate America, hate Bachmann, hate western tradition, hate capitalism.”

Wait! There’s more.

He went on to characterize Dump Bachmann as “a radical or militant lesbian organization.” He said, and I quote: “Look at the people who run the thing. Dump Michele Bachmann is a radical militant lesbian organization.”

It’s just my opinion, but I think Lewis was wrong about me being “an angry lesbian.” I have just looked between my legs again and I can tell you that I am “overqualified” to be a lesbian--angry or no. I was surprised, to say the least, to find out that Lewis was describing myself and the other male heterosexual contributors as “radical militant lesbians.” I wished that Lewis had called us first to check his facts, we might have faxed him pictures of our genitals and thus precluded any misrepresentations.

And of course, many of the other things that Lewis told his listeners about Dump Bachmann were outright lies—we do not hate America, we do not hate western tradition, we do not hate capitalism. I love America, I love western tradition, and I’m just crazy about capitalism, can’t get enough of it. I am not a "radical pacifist" either; for example, I'm glad we fought and won the Second World War and rid the world of that little prick Hitler.

Jason Lewis is an irresponsible liar; is that really a surprise? I wonder who gave him his misinformation about Dump Bachmann. As I say: a phone call to Eva Young, editor of the blog, would have given him all the facts he needed, but like so many talk radio conservatives, he does not seem to be interested in facts. (Jason has met Eva Young, who runs the Dump Bachmann website; she guested on his program when she headed the Log Cabin Republicans.)

In case you are curious about who writes Dump Bachmann: according to editor Eva Young, “There is one other lesbian contributor besides me. Otherwise the demographics are a number of straight men, and some gay men. Three of the four gay people who write for Dump Bachmann are Republican or independent (and the independents had been Republican in the recent past, but left the party because it had become the party of Bachmannistas).”

I have been described as a lot of things in my time, but never before have I been held out to the public as “an angry radical militant lesbian who hates America, the western tradition, and capitalism.” Can you see why the conservatives are in so much trouble these days?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Avidor said...

"..they hate western tradition..."

What the heck does he mean by that?

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Fuzzy Duck said...

Clearly, these Limbaugh knock-offs prefer their own facts (or in this case, lies). Then again, now that I think about it, maybe I have some lesbian in me, too. Afterall, I do like women, but dislike Bachmann...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home